Cumberland High School
CORE VALUES AND BELIEF STATEMENT
The Cumberland High School Community promotes development of a culture in which students are respectful, responsible, and ready to succeed. We guide our students to be actively involved in the learning process that combines academic depth of understanding with higher order thinking, problem-solving, risk-taking, and creativity. We offer opportunities for students, as members of a 21st century world society, to become life-long learners and informed, productive citizens.
- Communicate effectively and critically through reading, writing, and speaking.
- Exhibit a range of functional and critical thinking skills related to information media and technology.
- Apply effective problem solving skills independently and collaboratively.
- Analyze and evaluate a variety of sources for reliability and credibility.
- Act with respect, tolerance, courtesy and compassion.
- Act responsibly and display good citizenship.