Dear Students, Staff, and Families,
I hope everyone is doing well. We are looking forward to all of the students returning to school with the hybrid model next week. Provided below are a number of bulleted items to update you on our progress toward the reopening of school.
- Although we only had the students in the transition grades start school on Thursday and Friday, all of the building Principals reported that things have gone very smoothly.
- We are looking forward to students in all grades enrolled in the hybrid model returning to school next week. Families should have all of the information needed for the return to school. If you have any questions, please contact your building Principal.
- The ventilation work in all of our buildings is nearly complete. There is a little more work to be done. All of the ventilation units in the district that have been serviced will be checked for the required air exchanges per hour required by the Department of Health and the Governor’s office. Any spaces that do not meet the guidelines will get an air purification unit.
- The federal government will provide free lunches for all students through December. Families that have been eligible for free or reduced lunches, or families who are unsure if they are eligible, should complete the required application. It does not hurt to apply. Please know that the entire process is anonymous. No one will know that students are receiving free or reduced lunches. The application is provided for your convenience. Applications can also be submitted through an online application process. Click here.
- The high school safety project has begun at the high school. It was supposed to start during the summer to avoid any disruption to the school year. Unfortunately, like just about everything else, the coronavirus has impacted the schedule. Every effort will be made to minimize the disruption to teaching and learning. Since the road between the high school and Wellness Center will be closed during construction, the administration has developed a plan to address the fact that the front of those buildings will not be accessible. Weather permitting, the bulk of the project is expected to be completed by the first of the year.
- As a reminder, please remember to complete the daily attestation form and always wear a mask.
- Please take advantage of the flu clinics scheduled in October and November. As we have heard, a flu shot is particularly important this year under the circumstances. You can schedule a time using this link – schoolflu.com
As always, we ask for your patience and understanding as we navigate through this challenging time.
Robert A. Mitchell
Superintendent of Schools
Meal Benefit and Eligibility Information for Parents
Meal Benefit Application (Spanish)